2012 Petit Verdot, Sonoma Valley 750ml

We source 95% of the fruit for this wine from Pickberry Vineyard on the northeast slope of Sonoma Mountain; a rolling hillside plot on volcanic soil where warm days and cool nights promote optimal ripeness balanced by fresh acidity. The remaining 5% comes from Rancho Salina Vineyard on the west facing slopes of the Mayacamas range overlooking southern Sonoma Valley where red, rocky volcanic soils yield well-structured wines.

Dark fruit aromas of plum and blackcurrant are echoed on the palate with hints of olive and dried herbs leading to a dusty finish with elements of cocoa and spice.

Our Petit Verdot pairs nicely with mushrooms, charcuterie and cheeses (try Bay Blue or Midnight Moon), or even a simple crouton topped with chèvre and a bit of olive tapenade. This wine also complements beef and lamb dishes.

Price: $45.00 Club price: $36.00


Already a member? To see the discounts for which you are eligible, click here to log in before shopping.

© Schug Carneros Estate Winery. All rights reserved.